BA Football Association is frustrated with the Fiji Football Association's decision to revert to the Fiji FACT back to its old format.
Initially, Fiji FA decided to play 90 minutes soccer in the opening tournament of this season. And in order to complete the tournament within the timeframe set by the association, they decided to accommodate eight teams only.
But due to adverse weather conditions the association couldn't finalise the top eight teams forcing them to revert to the old format of 60 minutes soccer and 10 teams.
Fiji FA chief executive officer Bob Kumar said bad weather conditions around the country forced them to cancel the decider ù the Fiji Sun/GP Batteries National Football League encounter between Navua and Nadroga.
Under the eight-team format, Suva, Rewa, Lautoka, Ba, Nadi, Labasa and Tavua were penciled in with Savusavu left out of the tournament.
The Navua-Nadroga match would have decided the remaining team to join the seven districts which had already booked its spot for the Fiji FACT to be held in May.
"We couldn't identify the eight teams to play in the Fiji FACT therefore we decided to have all 10 teams in this tournament," Kumar said.
"We will also have 60-minute soccer played during this tournament."
Ba, which has been one of the most vocal districts against 60 minutes soccer, is disappointed with this latest decision from Fiji FA.
Association president Rishi Kumar said they have no objection with the inclusion of all super premier teams in this tournament.
"During the AGM, they were campaigning about the eight teams and 90 minutes soccer to be played in the tournaments and we have been adjusting to the 90 minutes soccer all this while and now they are reverting back to the old format," Rishi said.
"We are not happy with this decision and we will look into other avenues to enforce the earlier decision (90 minutes soccer).
"I personally think playing 60 minutes soccer is like playing in a bazaar tournament and there is no future for soccer in this."
Rishi said Fiji FA could have hosted the Navua-Nadroga match at a neutral venue to finalise the eight teams.
"Our O-League match (against Tefana) was cancelled (due to adverse weather) and now we have to go to New Zealand to complete this game, which means additional cost for Ba Football.
"But we don't have any choice and to avoid paying fine to the Oceania Football, we will have to go and play this match in NZ."
Meanwhile, the districts will decide on whether the tournament will remain in Lautoka or be shifted to a new venue.
"One or two districts have already responded and we are awaiting the response from other districts," Kumar said.
The first round of the Fiji FACT is scheduled for May 6 at Ratu Cakobau Park in Nausori. The tournament was to be completed at Lautoka's Churchill Park on May 10-13.