THE Nadi zone athletics competition has been indefinitely postponed after the sports equipment for the meet was washed away during the floods last week.
Nadi meet manager Atishwar Lal said the equipments were stored at Prince Charles Park after the initial competition at Prince Charles Park was postponed last Thursday.
Lal said things were so bad in the Jetset town that they may consider cancelling the competition this year.
"I live beside Prince Charles Park and the water level had touched the ceilings of the houses there," Lal said.
"It was really terrible. The schools within the town vicinity including Nadi Sangam College, Ratu Navula Secondary and Nadi Muslim College have been affected. We will try and hold a meeting next week to see our options. If things are not favourable then we may decide on cancelling the event this year."
Ba Secondary Schools Athletics Association president Feroz Ali said they would hold a meeting next Tuesday to decide on the new dates.
He said if the school principals give the green light then it would be held next Thursday.
"We have one day's action remaining," Ali said.
"If we are given the go ahead then the meet will be next Thursday which will enable us to send our entries for the national meet by next Friday."
Lautoka zone delegate Lionel Danford said they should not face any problem in rescheduling the Sugar City competition next week.
"We will set up a meeting next Tuesday to decide on the new dates," Danford said.
"The Natabua High School grounds have not been affected by the floods."
Ratu Navula Secondary School is the defending champion in Nadi. Natabua High School and Jasper Williams High School won the boys and girls competition respectively last year while Xavier College is the defending champion in the Ba zone.