Update: 5:14PM ANIMALS which fed on the Daniva (Herkiotsichthys quadrimaculatus) fish bones at the village of Somosomo on Gau have also died, leaving villagers baffled about the situation.
Villager, Suliasi Saqaleka said they have also buried the pigs, dogs and chickens which fed on the remains of the fish.
An interesting development though is the fact that the school of fish seen by the village shore yesterday, have all disappeared.
He said the abundant spillage of the Daniva fish in their shores was also quite new.
'We have Daniva fish here but not as many as yesterday but when we went to check today they have all disappeared," he said.
"So it's really interesting and we wonder what really happened because this is the first time for this fish to be poisoned in our qoliqoli area."
He confirmed though that the villagers had used nets to catch a huge school of Daniva fish which was consumed by those affected.
Mr Saqaleka added that the vomit of the deceased people at the village compound and hospital compounds burnt the grass showing the poisonous strength of the toxin in the fish.