AFTER losing all their belongings in a house fire on the first day of the two-week school break, Ratu Isoa Rokoderea and Venaisi Amuna were not able to cast their votes alongside villagers yesterday afternoon.
For them, however, the lost opportunity was only a small price to pay.
Nothing was salvaged from their home in Navosa, which burnt to the ground as his wife and three young children slept in a separate house.
"We lost everything, including our voter registration cards. We did not get them replaced as right now we are just trying to sort out our future."