ONE of the victims of a house fire is pleading with members of the public, non-government organisations and relevant stakeholders to help her rebuild her life after losing everything in a structural fire.
The flat Babita Devi, 40, was renting at Komave settlement in Nabua with her partner and two children was destroyed in a fire that started at 2am on August 16.
Ms Devi had voluntarily discharged herself from the CWM Hospital on Friday but her partner Vishal Chand and four-year-old son Aiyush Chand are still admitted at the hospital's Burns Unit.
She said her children ran out of the burning house when they were awoken by neighbours shouting that a fire had started in the house where three other families including their landlord were staying.
Ms Devi, however, refuted claims made in the media by her landlord that he had saved his tenants' children by carrying them out of the burning house.
"That is all false, my partner carried us out of the house. My landlord did not save us like he is claiming," she said.
She said she had been renting in the flat since she left Labasa and moved to Suva to look for a better future.
Whatever household items she bought from her savings for the past 10 years were destroyed by the early morning fire.
"I am asking anyone who is willing to help to please help me and my children. We have nothing at all."