Fiji Time: 7:56 AM on Wednesday 1 June

Fiji Times Logo

/ Front page / News

8 send documents

Shayal Devi
Thursday, July 10, 2014

EIGHT out of 11 early childhood centres in the Western Division have submitted their documents to the Ministry of Education with the hope of becoming established teaching centres.

Save the Children Fiji education manager Ruth Kiulamu said once the centres were established, they had nine months to meet the criteria set before becoming registered and recognised.

"Once they are recognised, they get salary grants from the government," Ms Kiulamu said.

"The salary grant is not the whole pay cut for the teachers.

"About 80 per cent of the teachers' salary is covered through the grant and communities put in the remaining 20 per cent."








Fiji Times Front Page Thumbnail

Kaila Front Page ThumbnailFiji Times & Kaila Frontpage PDF Downloads

Use the free Acrobat Reader to view.

Westpac
Code Inward TTs Outward TTs
CAD 0.61980.6008
JPY 53.390050.3900
GBP 0.32380.3158
EUR 0.42620.4142
NZD 0.71570.6827
AUD 0.66380.6388
USD 0.47690.4599

from

$0.00

Exchange Rate updated on 31st May 2016

Today's Most Read Stories

  1. Rio dilemma
  2. Former council worker jailed for raping girl, 16
  3. Shark attack survivor falls just short
  4. Chiefly dispute
  5. A-G warns against abuse of home initiative
  6. Fiji, France negotiate further military co-operation
  7. 85,000 study in tents
  8. State pushes for vital Bills
  9. Man, 85, awaits bail ruling for alleged rape of 11-year-old
  10. Different approach to Savusavu tourism

Top Stories this Week

  1. Tears of joy for Jerry's family Thursday (26 May)
  2. Hayne, Ryan miss out Wednesday (25 May)
  3. Prophecy of Nasautoka Come and drink of this life-giving water Sunday (29 May)
  4. Remains of missionary receives a proper burial 200 years later Friday (27 May)
  5. Mother 'locks up' son to go clubbing Sunday (29 May)
  6. Families live in fear Friday (27 May)
  7. 7s fans disappointed Thursday (26 May)
  8. Man found dead Monday (30 May)
  9. 13 for Rio Saturday (28 May)
  10. Fiji Airways gives free trip to 7s players Wednesday (25 May)