ROY Ravana Sr has promised to attend the court case of two teenagers that have been charged with the murder of his son Roy Ravana Jr in Sacramento earlier this month.
Mr Ravana said he had attended the first hearing of the two teenage boys, aged 16 and 17 years respectively last week in the US.
"Last Wednesday I attended the hearing and managed to see the two boys, 16-year-old and 17-year-old," Mr Ravana said.
"I was instructed by the District Attorney and my son's advocate that it would take a while, maybe a year, but we have a strong case based on the cells from the bullets that were recovered from the site."
Mr Ravana said the two lawyers had promised to keep him and his family updated on the court proceedings.
"I will be going up (to the US) to attend the court cases. The teenage boys have been charged as adults, there is no bail granted and they will be behind bars until the end of the case."
He said the two teenagers had been charged with murder for the drive-by shooting that killed his 21-year-old son.
Meanwhile, Mr Ravana said his family had been overwhelmed by the support from Fijians all over the world following the death of his son. "Roy touched the lives of so many in the US, people came from all walks of life, even Indian and Chinese families who heard the news they came to give their support.
"It has been very emotional and tiring at the same time. But we have seen the impact Roy had on so many lives."