LONDON - World number one Rafael Nadal (pictured) fears he could be the victim of another Wimbledon giant-killing this year.
Nadal continues to trounce all challengers on his favourite claycourts at the French Open, where he was crowned champion for an incredible ninth time earlier this month.
But after reaching the All England Club final five times between 2006 and 2011, the two-time Wimbledon champion has endured a miserable time on grass of late.
Nadal endured a shock loss in the Wimbledon second round against Lukas Rosol in 2012 and was embarrassed by Belgium's Steve Darcis in the first round last year.
The 28-year-old followed that by suffering his third successive loss on grass when he crashed out of the Wimbledon warm-up in Halle against Dustin Brown earlier this month.
The second seeded Spaniard agrees that the transition from the clay to grass with little preparation time makes him nervous.
"I've said before this is really the most dangerous tournament of the year," Nadal told reporters on Saturday.