THREE families are now homeless after a fire razed three wooden and concrete flats.
National Fire Authority spokesman Ritesh Kumar said firefighters received an emergency call regarding the fire at Kerebula Settlement at 5.40am yesterday.
"NFA Nadi received the fire emergency call and immediately responded. Upon arrival, the fire team saw the house fully engulfed in flames.
"They used deliveries of water to extinguish the fire and stopped it from spreading to the nearby houses in the area.
"Four fire trucks were engaged, three from the Nadi Fire Station and one from the Lautoka Fire Station to extinguish the fire."
NFA CEO John O'Connor said members of the community needed to be mindful of fire safety all the time.
"It is very important that before going to bed, family members must be mindful of fire safety such as checking the possible fire ignition sources at home like the cooking appliances, electrical appliances, electrical wirings, fire ignition sources like the candles and prayer diya as it can lead to a fire at home," he said.
"It is very important that all members of the community take extra care to prevent fires from happening on their property."
On Monday, five families at the Fiji Muslim League settlement in Samabula, Suva, lost their homes and belongings in a midday fire.
NFA investigations continue into both incidents.