FOLLOWING the announcement of Attar Singh as its first candidate last week, the National Federation Party yesterday announced its first batch of 10 candidates who will run for the 2014 General Election.
This makes NFP the first political party to announce its first batch of candidates for the September polls.
The candidates are:
1. Tupou Draunidalo, a qualified lawyer, former vice-president of the Fiji Law Society and current president of the NFP.
2. Prem Singh, who was the sole NFP member of parliament in 2001.
3. Bimal Prasad Chaudhary, a law student.
4. Dr Bijen Ram, a practising medical practitioner.
5. Seni Nabou, former Greenpeace employee and former member of the Fiji Human Rights Commission.
6. Bala Dass, general secretary of the Fiji Cane Growers Association.
7. Usaia Cirikiwai, a community worker who has done extensive work in the areas of youth empowerment and with disadvantaged people.
8. Raman Pratap Singh, the former president of the NFP.
9. Parmod Chand, the current vice president of the NFP.
10. Mohammed Rafiq, a canefarmer and social worker, who is also the vice-president of the Fiji Cane Growers Association Northern Division.