Fiji Time: 2:14 AM on Friday 24 March

Fiji Times Logo

/ Front page / News

Adopt healthy lifestyle to fight NCD

By MERE NALEBA
Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Update: 5:00PM NATIONAL National adviser for non-communicable disease(NCD) Dr Isimeli Tukana believes it is important to improve a person's lifestyle earlier in life as this is a key factor in battling NCDs in the country.

Dr Tukana says NCD is 80 per cent lifestyle while the other 20 per cent of the disease can be medically treated.

He also called on youth leaders, members of the inter faith-based organisations and members of the civil society to help control and or completely eradicate NCD.

Dr Tukana was speaking at a workshop focused on educating members of the public on the disadvantages and the health risks associated with consuming Sugar Sweetened Beverages (SSBs).








Fiji Times Front Page Thumbnail

Kaila Front Page ThumbnailFiji Times & Kaila Frontpage PDF Downloads

Use the free Acrobat Reader to view.

Westpac
Code Inward TTs Outward TTs
CAD 0.65150.6325
JPY 54.965751.9657
GBP 0.39020.3822
EUR 0.45250.4405
NZD 0.69980.6668
AUD 0.63970.6147
USD 0.49090.4739

from

$0.00

Exchange Rate updated on 23rd, March, 2017

Today's Most Read Stories

  1. Landowners demand $20m compensation from State
  2. FRU has final say
  3. Residents want local TV coverage
  4. Sandalwood trees for villages 'historic'
  5. Sugarcane farmers' petition disallowed
  6. Village needs $1m to move
  7. A-G clears the air on Fiji-India codeshare
  8. Parts puzzle at FSC
  9. 'Surge' in dengue fever
  10. Fiji wary of NZ

Top Stories this Week

  1. Shock after brutal attack Tuesday (21 Mar)
  2. Students sent home Tuesday (21 Mar)
  3. Man rapes wife, jailed Tuesday (21 Mar)
  4. Villagers complain of 'red' sea Friday (17 Mar)
  5. Uni urges Fijians to apply for NZ grants Monday (20 Mar)
  6. Staff share $6m Friday (17 Mar)
  7. RKS retains Tailevu Zone title Wednesday (22 Mar)
  8. Concerns over explicit online pictures Tuesday (21 Mar)
  9. Minister issues maternity benefits warning Tuesday (21 Mar)
  10. QVS blue ribbon king to miss Coke Games Wednesday (22 Mar)