Fiji Times Logo

Fiji Time: 4:19 PM on Tuesday 2 September

/ Front page / News

Man charged for distributing obscene video

By TORIKA TOKALAU
Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Update: 3:15PM A 25-year-old industrial worker will appear at Nausori court this afternoon for allegedly distributing obscene video clips through mobile phones.

Police spokesman Inspector Atunaisa Sokomuri said that between October and December last year, the accused allegedly stole a Blackberry mobile phone belonging to the victim while at work in Nausori.

Mr Sokomuri said the man managed to unlock the phone and accessed the directory where he saw a video footage of the victim and a woman having sex.

The accused allegedly went and publically exhibited the footage to two of his friends who knew the victim.

The man is charged with one count of theft, unauthorized access, and two counts of traffic in obscene publications.


Fiji Times Front Page Thumbnail

Kaila Front Page ThumbnailFiji Times & Kaila Frontpage PDF Downloads

Use the free Acrobat Reader to view.

Today's Most Read Stories

  1. 45 detained
  2. Teen's ice bucket death
  3. Suburb housing project offers 210 flats
  4. Accident claims another life
  5. Ban assures Fiji
  6. Nusra demands compensation, aid, for release of soldiers
  7. Filipino force defied UN commander in Golan crisis
  8. UN demands release of captured Fijian soldiers
  9. Unique desserts shop opens
  10. $9.4m for new bridge

Top Stories this Week

  1. Van Gaal unhappy Wednesday (27 Aug)
  2. Commander confirms captured soldiers 'safe' Friday (29 Aug)
  3. Police act Wednesday (27 Aug)
  4. Show of support Thursday (28 Aug)
  5. Going Golan Monday (01 Sep)
  6. Dad tells of heartache as son is buried Wednesday (27 Aug)
  7. Rebels take our soldiers Saturday (30 Aug)
  8. Tough but right Monday (01 Sep)
  9. Police assault claim Thursday (28 Aug)
  10. Military not taking sides Monday (01 Sep)