SYDNEY - Sam Soliman has agreed to return to Germany for a world title fight against IBF middleweight boxing world champion Felix Sturm next month, despite the problems he had over a doping test after their last bout there.
The title fight has been set for May 31, with the host city to be announced on Wednesday.
Soliman, 40, says he has no qualms about going back and is ready to claim a first world title after going unbeaten for the past six years of his 17-year, 56-fight pro career.
Soliman outpointed Sturm in a non-title fight in Dusseldorf in February last year, but the local governing body, the Bund Deutscher Berufsboxer (BDB), subsequently announced the Australian has tested positive to a banned stimulant.
They imposed a nine-month suspension on Soliman and changed the result of the fight to a no-contest.
The Soliman camp initiated legal action against the BDB, which is still ongoing, and which they said set aside the ban.
Soliman's B sample, tested in the United States, showed no trace of any substance deemed illegal by the IBF, who kept him as their No.1 contender.
Because of the quality of Soliman's performance last time around, his camp had no reservations about returning to Germany for another fight, where drug testing will again take place.
"Unlike last time when we requested pre and post-fight testing the Sturm camp have requested post-fight testing only," Soliman's manager David Stanley told AAP.
"We have agreed to that within the framework of the IBF rules.
"The fight contract agreed to is the same as for the last fight, where if there's any conflict between the IBF and the BDB rules, the IBF rules will prevail."