A MAN charged with killing three people by allegedly setting a house on fire was told that his chances of getting bail were slim.
Naresh Narayan allegedly killed his wife and children by locking them inside their Vatuwaqa home last year and setting the house alight.
On Monday. the High Court was informed by State prosecution that it would rely on a video recording of the accused's confession and circumstantial evidence.
Prosecutor Vincent Perera said a transcript of the video would also be made at a later date.
The court was told the defence was yet to file any objection to the confession.
According to defence, they asked for more time because they had yet to view the video recording.
Justice Salesi Temo asked the two counsel if he could set a trial date, to which no one objected.
The trial has been set for August 2015.
On the issue of bail, Justice Temo told the accused to liaise with his lawyer and file the bail application on a prescribed High Court form.
He said the charge against the accused was serious and the court would only grant bail if the reasons were genuine.