Fiji Time: 9:27 PM on Saturday 25 October

Fiji Times Logo

/ Front page / News

Fire safety warning

Felix Chaudhary
Sunday, March 02, 2014

Update: 3:04PM THE National Fire Authority is urging homeowners to use registered electricians when installing appliances and ensure prayer candles and associated equipment, including stoves and lamps, are handled in a safe manner.

CEO John OConnor stressed the importance of extinguishing prayer-related candles and lighting equipment and stoves before leaving home.

Candles, prayer diyas and kerosene lanterns should be placed properly in a safe place on a metal surface and must not be left unattended, he said.

Mr OConnor emphasized this after fire partially destroyed a four-bedroom house at Rifle Range in Lautoka last week.

 





Fiji Times Front Page Thumbnail

Kaila Front Page ThumbnailFiji Times & Kaila Frontpage PDF Downloads

Use the free Acrobat Reader to view.

Today's Most Read Stories

  1. Siblings in shock
  2. Koroi ready to help Fijian scrum during Europe tour
  3. Farewell Duke
  4. In the dark
  5. Forum lifts Fiji ban
  6. Taskforce rakes in $500k in rent arrears
  7. Group of companies hold inaugural Pinktober celebrations
  8. Inglis salutes new Kangaroos X-factor
  9. Separating fact from myth
  10. Relief for farmers

Top Stories this Week

  1. Death shocks family Monday (20 Oct)
  2. Inside Fiji sevens Tuesday (21 Oct)
  3. Budget overspent Wednesday (22 Oct)
  4. Public access Tuesday (21 Oct)
  5. Kepa's not weak Friday (24 Oct)
  6. Full pay while on leave Friday (24 Oct)
  7. Forgery suspect still in remand Tuesday (21 Oct)
  8. $20m in excess Wednesday (22 Oct)
  9. Ryan's fight to help 7s Friday (24 Oct)
  10. $11.9m in arrears Wednesday (22 Oct)