Fiji Time: 7:00 AM on Monday 22 December

Fiji Times Logo

/ Front page / News

Babies admitted with burns

Jone Kalouniviti
Friday, February 28, 2014

TWO babies have been admitted at the Nadi Hospital for burns they suffered while having breakfast at home.

Police spokesman Inspector Atunaisa Sokomuri said the cases were classic cases of parental carelessness.

"We cannot really over-emphasise the issue of parents and guardians keeping their children safe in light of the current situation around the country," IP Sokomuri said.

"Yesterday (Wednesday), two reports were received of a two-year-old and a one-year and two-month-old baby from Nadi getting burnt."

He said an electric kettle filled with hot water fell on a two-year-old in Dratabu Village while in Waqadra, the one-year two-month-old baby was scalded when a hot cup of tea fell on him.

They are admitted in a stable condition in Nadi Hospital's Burns Unit.

Insp Sokomuri said parents must take care.





Fiji Times Front Page Thumbnail

Kaila Front Page ThumbnailFiji Times & Kaila Frontpage PDF Downloads

Use the free Acrobat Reader to view.

Today's Most Read Stories

  1. Millionth man
  2. Lapse of defence costly
  3. Wardens win Mokani 7s meet
  4. Mourinho urges Hazard
  5. Rodgers makes sharp exit
  6. $10m for State coffers
  7. In the top 3
  8. Police raid marijuana farms
  9. Swimming party turns sour, student in hospital
  10. Joy of sharing and caring this festive season

Top Stories this Week

  1. TV pair sent home Wednesday (17 Dec)
  2. My boy, my hero Monday (15 Dec)
  3. Justice and sleep at last Thursday (18 Dec)
  4. She's gone but the pain stays Tuesday (16 Dec)
  5. TERROR ALERT Gunmen strike Sydney cafe Tuesday (16 Dec)
  6. Clan leader calls for harsher penalties Wednesday (17 Dec)
  7. Five-try Fiji forge Plate final berth Monday (15 Dec)
  8. Court told of baby's tragic end Thursday (18 Dec)
  9. 441 new positions Wednesday (17 Dec)
  10. A-G: Claim ludicrous Friday (19 Dec)