SOME students of Queen Victoria School have been sent home because of food poisoning.
The Education Ministry's permanent secretary Dr Brij Lal confirmed this yesterday.
While he wouldn't divulge further information, he said ministry officials visited the school on Saturday.
"I just came to know yesterday (Saturday) and this was when I sent my officers there," Dr Lal said.
"I will be able to provide further information when I get a feedback from my officials.
"The school will continue as normal and there is no need to close it down as the roll is about 1000 and there can be a certain number of students only who will be affected."
A parent said they had only learnt of the issue upon visiting their son on Saturday afternoon.
She added that some parents had taken their children home while some health officials from the Korovou Hospital were at the school on Saturday to transport sick students to the hospital.
Health Ministry's spokeswoman Evlyn Mani said she would respond to queries either today or tomorrow.