STUDENTS in the Western Division seeking to join the bus fare subsidy program for 2014 had until Wednesday to hand in their application.
West education officer Lorima Voravora said schools were given until late Wednesday to hand in their list of students to be assisted this year.
"Those who have been assisted last year continued to be assisted when school started this year, but the list for 2014 closes this afternoon," he said on Wednesday.
Mr Voravora said he could not predict how the numbers would be affected because people's combined incomes change every year.
"Only those who have a combined salary of less than $15,000 (spouses) are eligible to apply and be assisted."