THE Director of Public Prosecutions has removed the unlawful strike charge laid against trade unionist Daniel Urai and six Sheraton staff members.
In a statement, DPP Christopher Pryde said no offence was committed by the seven people charged earlier this month for alleged involvement in a walkout of about 300 Sheraton staff members last year.
"I have reviewed the charges and the evidence and I am satisfied that no offence was committed," said Mr Pryde.
"Accordingly, we will be filing a withdrawal of these charges when the matter is next called in court."
The case will be called on March 17.