DUBAI - Javier Ballesteros narrowly failed to make the cut in his first European Tour appearance at the Dubai Desert Classic on Friday, but the Spanish amateur said he intends to be back for more.
Handed an invitation to play in the tournament as his late father Seve's representative as a former winner of the event on its 25th anniversary, the 23-year-old Ballesteros carded a fine second round of 71.
That left him one over for the tournament and just outside the cut to play at the weekend.
But he said it had been an emotional week for him, starting with taking his father's place in Tuesday's Champions Challenge which brought together all the former winners of the Desert Classic -- apart from Seve who died from a brain tumour in May, 2011.
In that showpiece he played with his father's old Ryder Cup partner Jose Maria Olazabal and another Spaniard, Miguel Angel Jimenez, carding a 74.
Currently studying law in Madrid, Ballesteros still has amateur status though he did make his debut on the European Tour's Challenger circuit, the secondary level, in April of last year.
Asked what his ambitions were as concerns tournament golf, Ballesteros replied: "Well, I don't know when, maybe next year, something like that.
"But yeah, I definitely want to make golf my way of life."
If he does opt for a career in professional golf, then he will need to heed the advice of Olazabal who said after the Champions Challenge: "He really needs to improve.
"He was very erratic off the tee. He is concentrating on his studies in Madrid at the moment."