THE Methodist Church's education department has yet to meet to discuss Year 13 (Form 7) entries into church schools.
Earlier this week, Education Minister Filipe Bole announced the scrapping of all policies and regulations regarding entry to Year 13.
Church general secretary Reverend Tevita Nawadra said he would only comment on the issue once the department involved had met.
However, he said Mr Bole's announcement would take away the students' enthusiasm to reach standard marks like 250 and 300 in the Fiji School Leaving Certificate examination.
Mr Nawadra said some students would be appreciative of the fact that they would have to move to Year 13 with just 200 marks.
"It's good at one point because it gives many students the opportunity to continue with their studies but on the other point, it will take away the will to work hard and achieve targeted marks," Mr Nawadra said.
The Methodist Church has 11 secondary schools in the country.
Mr Bole earlier said the motive was to allow secondary school students to freely continue their secondary education and reach the highest level.
"As of today (Monday) all students who pass the Fiji School Leaving Certificate Examination are to be allowed to get into Form 7," he added.