WAISEA Nacuqu will not be part of the Fiji 7s side to the Las Vegas and Wellington 7s tournaments.
This was revealed by team manager Paula Biu who said Nacuqu had declared his unavailability.
The 20-year-old was a key member of the Fiji side that won the Dubai 7s title for the first time last month.
"He (Nacuqu) contacted us and told us that he is joining the Fiji Corrections Service and will not be available for this leg," he said.
"His unavailability along with Ilai Tinai being dropped is not really a big loss but it has opened doors for new players in the extended training squad."
Nacuqu's Tokatoka Westfield Barbarians teammate Pio Tuwai had also not joined camp as of 6pm yesterday.
Biu said Tuwai had given his reasons and will try to join the team later.
"He has family commitments to attend to and we understand that so we will try to accommodate him later.
"Right now, we are going to work with the players we have in camp with us."
He said one of the reasons they had named an extended squad was to be prepared for players who were unavailable.
"That is why we had named 23 players in the extended squad so that when someone is not available or does not show up, another can take his place.
"So for now, luckily there are no injuries and training is going as planned and Ben is working with those who are here in camp."
Meanwhile, national coach Ben Ryan had earlier stated he would trim the squad down to 16 players on Friday.