Fiji Times Logo

Fiji Time: 9:24 PM on Saturday 19 April

/ Front page / News

Man electrocuted while fixing roof

By SERAFINA SILAITOGA
Thursday, December 05, 2013

Update: 4:33PM A 44-YEAR-OLD man was electrocuted while fixing the roof of a house in Labasa, Vanua Levu yesterday.

Divisional police commander north Senior Superintendent Naulumatua Lutunacaucau said the man was thrown to the ground after he touched a live wire. He died as a result.

"We are pleading to those who work around or near electrical lines to get in touch with the FEA so that such incidents don't happen," he said.