THE Suva Bowling Club hosted a charity tournament last week to raise funds for a disabled bowler.
Amputee Wise Baker, one of the top bowlers at the greens in Suva, needs a new prosthetic limb.
Club president Ilisoni Vakatalai said they were happy with the response towards the tournament on Fiji Day.
"The players have come together for a good cause and we thank them for it," he said.
"Wise (Baker) is one of the well-known bowlers and everyone came to play to help raise funds for him."
Vakatalai said 70 per cent of the entry fees went towards the fundraising while the remaining 30 per cent was spent on prizes for the day.
In the meantime, preparations have begun for the national singles championship in Suva this weekend.
"The winner of this tournament will compete in the World Bowls Singles Champion of Champions tournament next year," Vakatalai said.
Eminoni Turagabeci will represent Fiji at the event in New Zealand next month.
"He is the son of former national rep Caucau Turagabeci and he's the defending champion of the Raj Charan National Singles Bowling, which was the qualifying event for the Champion of Champions meet."
The event will be held from November 25 to December 1 at the Burnside Bowling Club in Christchurch.