THREE families were left homeless after fire destroyed their homes over the weekend.
And a six-year-old girl and a man are in hospital with injuries they suffered when a fuel tank caught fire.
Two of the fires were in the Central Eastern division last Friday while the third fire was in Nadi on Saturday.
National Fire Authority spokesman Ritesh Kumar said after 9am last Friday, fire razed a one-bedroom lean-to house at Namadi Heights in Lower Ragg Avenue, Suva.
NFA is treating the property fire as suspicious.
That same night, a home at Waila in Nausori went up in flames. Firefighters said a kerosene lamp and a prayer diya were left lit when the family left their home.
On Saturday, a two-bedroom corrugated iron and concrete house was destroyed at Savunawai Stage 2 in Votualevu, Nadi. The family was attending a wedding at the time. Damage has been estimated at $20,000.
Police spokeswoman Ana Naisoro said the two people injured sustained burns at Bemana Village in Keiyasi, Sigatoka.
The first victim was cleaning a generator fuel tank and, while pouring fuel into the tank, the basin containing fuel suddenly caught fire.
It is alleged the basin landed on a six-year-old girl when the man threw it out of the building it was housed in.
"Both victims are at Sigatoka Hospital," said Ms Naisoro.
NFA CEO John O'Connor said they were really concerned with the recent increase of property fires.
The property fire incidents for this year now stand at 77.