RESTAURANT owners are being warned to keep their premises clean and tidy, particularly when cleaning grease and oil around their kitchens.
This warning from the NFA CEO, John O'Connor, follows Monday morning's fire at the FNPF Downtown Boulevard which was the result of fat buildup in ventilation chimneys.
Mr O'Connor said although not all restaurants owned the same extract ventilation systems, cleanliness was important across the board.
"Each restaurant has different risks. Restaurant owners must keep their restaurants clean and tidy all the time. Stoves must be clean and grease and oil must be cleaned and removed at all times," he said on Tuesday.
"In the case of restaurants with extraction systems, these must be cleaned regularly. All power points and gas cylinders must be turned off when not in use."