A 41-YEAR-OLD man accused of causing the death of an eight-year-old boy in Ba last week when he lost control of his carrier has been granted bail.
Simione Yabaki Nabou of Navaga, Ba, was handed strict bail conditions by Magistrate Mosese Naivalu.
Mr Nabou is charged with one count of occasioning death by dangerous driving, one of driving with an expired licence, one of driving a motor vehicle in contravention of the Third Party risk policy and one count of carrying an excessive number of passengers.
According to police prosecutor West ASP Anil Prasad, the Ba farmer had yet to take a plea.
ASP Prasad said the accused allegedly lost control of the vehicle while driving six passengers to Ba Town around 7am on August 19.
He said during the incident, the young victim was allegedly thrown out of the vehicle and suffered injuries that lead to his death.
The accused has been ordered to report to the Keiyasi Police Station once a month, not to change his current address, not to interfere with prosecution witnesses and surrender his passport.
Mr Nabou will reappear in the Ba Magistrates Court on October 2.