Some tips to ensure safety of children:
* Talk to children before they leave home on what to do and what not to do.
* Teach children to remember parents contact details, or put parents' contact details in their pockets.
* Tell children to go to a police officer if they feel uncomfortable at any point.
* Hold the child's hand and never let go at any time.
* If children are going in groups, set a time for them to return and ensure everything is well co-ordinated with all parents concerned.
* Children, during this time, should be encouraged to have a mobile phone for easy contact if they fail to return on time.
* Parents must ensure their children go out in their own groups during the day and if at night, an adult must accompany them.