FOLLOWING a complete audit of eight Nasese buses yesterday, the LTA has released them to resume operation.
The remaining 44 buses are still grounded and will be audited over the weekend.
Authority CEO Naisa Tuinaceva confirmed the eight buses were part of the 15 new buses the company bought a year ago.
He said even though some of the buses had been released, the authority would closely monitor the systems being used by the bus operator to ensure safety.
"I can audit the bus and it goes back. If they (bus companies) are not prepared to look after their buses, if they are not prepared to employ the best quality assurance system, there is no guarantee that there won't be another break-down or even another fire," Mr Tuinaceva said.
He said the authority wanted to see operators install quality systems that would ensure safety.
"So that is what we're dealing with right now as we are about to release these buses, we are demanding and asking questions.
"Where is your system that you're going to use, the system that will enable you to do daily checks, the system that will enable you to grill your buses to the best safety aspect of it before they go on the road."
He said the authority was constantly in talks with the operator to complete the audit process as soon as possible.
The entire Nasese bus fleet was grounded on Thursday to allow for the audit.