THE Boxing Commission of Fiji will not sanction any overseas opponent for Junior Farzan Ali unless he proves himself against a local boxer.
Junior Farzan was supposed to defend his Fiji welterweight title in Nadi during the Naidiri Boxing Promotions program on Saturday but pulled out after picking up an injury.
Replacement Filipino boxer Rey Anton Olarte announced his intentions to face Junior Farzan if he won against Tagi when he arrived into the country last week.
Olarte fought Junior Farzan in 2010 with the bout controversially ending in a draw.
Junior Farzan accepted the challenge saying he had become a much better and more matured boxer since 2010.
But BCF board member Malakai Veisamasama said they would allow Tagi a rematch against Olarte.
He said Junior Farzan was not on their radar as yet.
"It will only be fair to give Tagi a rematch against Olarte," Veisamasama said.
"That is how it works in the boxing circles. We feel that Junior Farzan is not on our cards. He now will have to prove himself locally. If Olarte wants to fight Junior Farzan right now then it can happen overseas and not here."
Junior Farzan last fought in November 2011 beating Oli Filimaua via a unanimous decision.
"I'm hoping to start training from this week with the gym work and hope some promoter comes up with a good fight for me," Farzan said.