This the basic healthy recipe of half meat and half vegetables.
1kg Selected raw meats and seafood
1kg Any raw vegetables like cabbage, carrot, moca or otta, chopped
¼ cup Soybean or vegetable oil
1 cup Chicken stock (substitute vegetable stock for vegetarian)
1 Tbsp Brown sugar or honey
1 Tbsp Light soy sauce
2 Tbsp Chinese oyster sauce
1 tsp Chinese sesame oil
1 large White onion, peeled and chopped
3 tsp Ginger, grated
5 only Garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp Corn, rice or potato starch
4 only White onion, roughly chopped
1. In a large bowl, marinate the meat & seafood with 3 Tbsp light soy, 1 tsp sesame oil, ½ tsp white pepper, 1 tsp rice or corn flour. Mix together well.
2. In a second bowl, mix together the chicken stock, sugar, oyster and soy sauce
3. In a third bowl, mix together the starch with a tablespoon of water and set it aside.
4. Place half the oil in a wok over a medium-high heat, until it is almost smoking. Add the marinated and raw meats and cook to 90%. Remove and cook the seafood the same way. Remove from heat, strain excess oil and wash wok.
5. Return it to the stove with a little oil and add the onions and fry for 2 minutes
6. Add the cooked meats/seafood, stir on high heat for 2 minutes
7. Add the raw vegetables and continue cooking on high heat for 2-3 minutes, or until vegetables begin to half cook
8. Add the chicken stock mixture, turn the heat to medium-low and simmer for 1 minute
9. Add the starch mixture and stir together until the sauce thickens.
10. Serve with steamed rice or noodles