THE Fiji Police Force is mum on investigations into the brutal beating of two men by a group of men.
Police spokesman Inspector Atunaisa Sokomuri said yesterday that police would not release any information on investigations into the incident.
"We will not make any comments on the matter apart from saying that investigations are being carried out," he said.
A video showing two handcuffed men being beaten up by a group of men went online on Monday evening.
The video footage shocked people in Fiji and around the world as various news organisations showed the video in their broadcasts.
On Tuesday, Insp Sokomuri said a thorough investigation to establish the circumstances had been ordered.
Insp Sokomuri also said police had established that the two men who appear in the video were not the prisoners who escaped from Naboro last year.
Amnesty International has called for an independent and transparent investigation into the brutal beating of the two men as shown on video.
It said torture was unacceptable under any circumstances and those responsible should be brought to justice.
The NGO Coalition on Human Rights condemned the brutality inflicted on the two men as shown in the video footage and called for a full investigation and a public enquiry into the matter.
The organisation's chair, Shamima Ali, said the video demonstrated inhumane treatment of people and the total lack of respect for human life and dignity.
Ms Ali said the violation of the rights of the two men should not be allowed to go unaddressed, saying justice has to be served.