* Price tags help consumers
compare prices of different brands
of the same products.
* Ingredients provide key
information to consumers before they decide to purchase the product.
* Name and address of the
manufacturer or distributor.
* Batch numbers or identification marks to ensure easy product recall
if problem develops after sale.
* Best before or use by or expiry dates — you should
not buy the product if it is being sold after the expiry date.
* The information on the label should be in English or in a language
you can read and understand. If you don't understand the language,
then don't buy the product.
* Instructions for use and preparation.
* Storage instructions.
* Warnings and cautions.
* Weight or volume of the product so that consumers know
how much value they getting for the money spent.