THE National Fire Authority (NFA) has expressed concerns over house situations which have contributed to the spread of house fires.
The authority raised their concerns after they noticed improper housekeeping measures at homes such as the storage of flammable material.
"Combustible material such as kerosene and benzene were being stored in the kitchen area and some were kept in the open place and this easily ignites in the event of a fire," said authority CEO John O'Connor.
He advised members of the community to store goods properly, particularly combustible material.
"These should always be kept in proper storage areas in the cupboard which should always be locked all the time when you are not using it," Mr O'Connor said.