Fiji Time: 6:46 AM on Tuesday 23 December

Fiji Times Logo

/ Front page / News

Boy, 14, gives statement

Repeka Nasiko
Friday, February 01, 2013

POLICE have obtained the statement of the 14-year-old boy who was critically injured in a shooting accident that killed six-year-old Mohammed Salman Khan in Sabeto last weekend.

Police spokeswoman Ana Naisoro said the boy, who had been admitted at the Lautoka Hospital since the accident, gave evidence on Tuesday this week.

Meanwhile, the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions has been given files relating to the 10-year-old who was also involved in the incident.

A pilot has been remanded in custody facing charges related to the incident.

Mohammed Rizwan Khan is charged with one count of failure to maintain arms in a safe and secure custody, and one count of manslaughter by negligence for breach of duty.





Fiji Times Front Page Thumbnail

Kaila Front Page ThumbnailFiji Times & Kaila Frontpage PDF Downloads

Use the free Acrobat Reader to view.

Today's Most Read Stories

  1. Drunk doctor claim
  2. Axed but at peace
  3. Police, FRCA raid uncover $A30m of heroin
  4. Stranded on vessel
  5. Dream come true
  6. Check the meat
  7. House collapses after minor landslide
  8. Love heals the pain
  9. Educationist calls it a day
  10. Perseverance pays off

Top Stories this Week

  1. TV pair sent home Wednesday (17 Dec)
  2. Justice and sleep at last Thursday (18 Dec)
  3. She's gone but the pain stays Tuesday (16 Dec)
  4. TERROR ALERT Gunmen strike Sydney cafe Tuesday (16 Dec)
  5. Clan leader calls for harsher penalties Wednesday (17 Dec)
  6. Court told of baby's tragic end Thursday (18 Dec)
  7. 441 new positions Wednesday (17 Dec)
  8. A-G: Claim ludicrous Friday (19 Dec)
  9. Drunk doctor claim Monday (22 Dec)
  10. Rugby star's emotional celebration with children Thursday (18 Dec)