A FAMILY is contemplating livelihood after their home was engulfed by fire on Monday afternoon.
Distraught mother Irene Naicker tried to fight back her tears knowing they had lost everything, except the clothes they were wearing when the incident occurred.
The fire occurred in a double storey three bedroom house in Davuilevu Housing, situated in Waila, Nausori.
Ms Naicker said the fire started from the ceiling of her daughter's room.
"It was fast, we could not save anything at all," she said with a trembling voice.
"There is no place for us to go and everything else has been destroyed," she said while wiping her tears.
The family are temporality sheltering at their neighbour's home and Ms Naicker said they were fortunate to have loving neighbours who had supported them since Monday.
Ms Naicker said they could not imagine life to be back to normal after what had happened.
"It's really terrifying, I wanted to run inside and save some belongings but my neighbours grabbed me and warned me not to," Ms Naicker said.
Meanwhile, the National Fire Authority is urging members of the public to take heed of fire warnings.
"This incident is yet again a reminder of how important it is for everyone to practise fire safety at all times," NFA chief executive officer John O'Connor said.
He said the incident meant that some people were not taking fire safety seriously.
"We must all take fire safety seriously since it is one of the most dangerous disasters.
"We must discuss fire safety in our families so that our family members are aware of the dangers of a fire and what to do in case of a fire," he said.