A FAMILY dispute on Saturday night resulted in a fire that destroyed a seven- bedroom concrete house and a car.
And National Fire Authority chief executive officer John O'Connor is pleading for everyone to take extra care and not resort to burning their properties or that of other family members as a result of disputes.
He said NFA Lautoka received the emergency call at 11.26pm and responded immediately.
"Upon arrival at 2333hours, the seven-bedroom house and a private car were fully engulfed in flames," Mr O'Connor said.
"NFA is treating this fire incident as suspicious as investigations are continuing by the police."
Mr O'Connor reiterated NFA's advice for the members of the community to refrain from engaging in such criminal activity.
He said he was concerned with the increasing number of suspicious or arson fire cases attended by NFA.
"This month alone there has been seven suspicious or arson fire cases. Last year out of the 95 structural fires NFA attended to, there were 21 arson or suspicious fire incidents.
"This is a great concern to NFA and we are urging members of the communities to refrain from engaging in such criminal activity as NFA will work closely with the police to ensure those involved are taken to task."
Mr O'Connor said the NFA would hand its report on suspicious and negligent fire cases to the police to consider laying charges against those involved.
"This is the seventh house fire incident for this month which brings the total number of structural fires so far for the month of January to eleven as compared to seven last year."