A MAN who set his house alight in 2011 has asked the court for a non-custodial sentence.
Timoci Taqainakoro was convicted of two counts or arson by High Court judge Justice Paul Madigan yesterday.
Earlier this week, Tagainakoro pleaded guilty to setting his house alight. In the process, part of his neighbour's house was destroyed on October 11, 2011.
The court heard the incident took place at Muanikoso in Nasinu following an argument between the accused and his wife.
In mitigation, Taqainakoro's lawyer David Toganivalu said his client had no intention of burning his neighbour's house.
Mr Toganivalu told the court his client had paid $320 to his neighbour Dinesh Kumar for the damage caused to his house.