Fiji Times Logo

Fiji Time: 4:12 AM on Friday 18 April

/ Front page / News

Parents continue case

Luke Rawalai
Monday, January 21, 2013

DESPITE the tertiary institutions that have heard the plea of their children protesting parents will continue with their legal proceedings against the Ministry of Education.

Protesting group representative Rajesh Lal said they had already approached a legal firm to have their grievances heard in court.

Mr Lal said their children and parents have been humiliated by the stances taken by the ministry labeling it as stubborn and unfair.

"Our children have been labeled by radio stations as a bunch of drama queens and we need the ministry to come clear as to the foundations of their findings that they have decided to remain tight lipped about," said Mr Lal. "We feel that the rights of our children have been violated and that they've been victimised."

Permanent secretary for Education Doctor Brij Lal refused to comment on the matter when approached yesterday.