THE Health Ministry has confirmed that the status of the typhoid fever outbreak at Koroboya in Ba has gradually resolved in the past 22 days, following the initial outbreak declaration by the ministry on December 24 last year.
Deputy secretary for Health, Dr Josefa Koroivueta said the ministry acknowledged the various groups that assisted the team in their operations to control the outbreak.
"Since the first cluster of typhoid cases was reported to the ministry on December 23 from the Ba Sub-divisional Hospital and the Western Health divisional office, there has been an intensive interventional work undertaken by the ministry and the office of the Commissioner Western in curbing further transmission of the disease," Dr Koroivueta said.
"The 14-day restrictions on mass gathering and movement at Koroboya and Navala communities enabled the inter-sect oral team in Ba to work cohesively with the afflicted communities in order to effectively control typhoid transmission in the mentioned communities."
He said there were no further suspected or lab confirmed typhoid fever cases since then.
A statement said further assessments were being carried out in the affected areas and community awareness were also underway to better address healthy living and ways to improve sanitation practices.