THE last diagnosed case of typhoid from Koroboya and Navala villages in Ba was on New Year's day, according to the Ministry of Health.
Since then, no other confirmed or suspected cases have been recorded.
Ministry of Health deputy secretary of public health, Dr Joe Koroivueta said the biological and environmental risks of typhoid transmission had been identified.
"These are being redressed by a Ba inter-sectoral medical team in collaboration with the afflicted communities," Dr Koroivueta said.
He said intensive interventional works were undertaken by health officials with the assistance of the Commissioner Western's office to curb further transmission of the disease.
"The Ba inter-sectoral team used the standard approach of confirming the outbreak, formulating the hypothesis of disease transmission, assessing the clinical and public health situation on the ground and then developing and implementing an appropriate, hypothesis-oriented response plan.
"The 14 days restrictions on mass gathering and movement at Koroboya and Navala communities enabled the inter-sectoral team in Ba to work cohesively with the afflicted communities in order to effectively control typhoid transmission in these communities," he said.
He said the ministry hoped to lift the restrictions on movement at the two villages by next Monday "if there are no further cases of typhoid fever in Koroboya or Navala".