Fiji Times Logo

Fiji Time: 2:28 AM on Thursday 17 April

/ Front page / News

Stove accident lands woman in hospital

Nasik Swami
Monday, January 07, 2013

A 20-year-old woman is admitted at the Colonial War Memorial Hospital after sustaining burns while lighting a kerosene stove on Saturday.

Police spokeswoman Ana Naisoro said the woman was rushed to the hospital and had sustained 40-50 per cent burns to her body.

"Police investigations are continuing," Ms Naisoro said. She advised members of the public to be careful when handling such apparatuses.

"Fire safety is an issue that must be taken seriously in all homes as accidents can occur at any given time," Ms Naisoro said.