Fiji Time: 10:21 PM on Tuesday 28 April

Fiji Times Logo

/ Front page / News

Stove accident lands woman in hospital

Nasik Swami
Monday, January 07, 2013

A 20-year-old woman is admitted at the Colonial War Memorial Hospital after sustaining burns while lighting a kerosene stove on Saturday.

Police spokeswoman Ana Naisoro said the woman was rushed to the hospital and had sustained 40-50 per cent burns to her body.

"Police investigations are continuing," Ms Naisoro said. She advised members of the public to be careful when handling such apparatuses.

"Fire safety is an issue that must be taken seriously in all homes as accidents can occur at any given time," Ms Naisoro said.





Fiji Times Front Page Thumbnail

Kaila Front Page ThumbnailFiji Times & Kaila Frontpage PDF Downloads

Use the free Acrobat Reader to view.

Today's Most Read Stories

  1. Fijians' test of faith
  2. Fiji Airways logo designer dies at her home
  3. Expensive destination
  4. Forum will miss Fiji
  5. Players fight for spot
  6. 'No' to review
  7. Fijians can still be part of proposals
  8. Police warning for vigilantes
  9. Police probe complaint
  10. Assault cases on the rise

Top Stories this Week

  1. Wrong body for burial Thursday (23 Apr)
  2. Children watch senseless beating Monday (27 Apr)
  3. Hunt for terrorist Thursday (23 Apr)
  4. Fatal night out Monday (27 Apr)
  5. Man found unconscious, pronounced dead Sunday (26 Apr)
  6. PM's office receives 1000 complaints Thursday (23 Apr)
  7. Rights over freehold land Wednesday (22 Apr)
  8. Principals fret over school meet Friday (24 Apr)
  9. Foreigners pick Fiji to tie the knot Thursday (23 Apr)
  10. Ba blacked out Wednesday (22 Apr)