Update: 11:01AM THREE families are homeless after their homes were destroyed by fire in the past 48 hours.
On Sunday, a 20 feet by 30 feet house in Nativi, Rakiraki was completely destroyed, with an estimated damage of $25,000.
Police spokeswoman Ana Naisoro said the fire is believed to have started
when a 13-year-old student filled premix fuel in a kerosene lamp.
At 1:30pm yesterday, a 73 feet by 32 feet concrete and corrugated iron
house of a 40-year-old driver was destroyed, with damage estimated at
Ms Naisoro said it was believed that the fire in the house at Valele in Ba started from a lit candle.
She said the driver's son suffered burns on his hands and legs.
And at 2:30pm yesterday, a timber and corrugated iron house of a 37-year-old carpenter in Nadhari, Ba was razed. Damage is estimated at $35,000.
Ms Naisoro said the fire was believed to have started by a nine-year-old child who was burning papers inside the house.