FIVE army officers allegedly involved with discrepancies in the regimental funds are still in military custody.
Military chief of staff Brigadier-General Mohammed Aziz said the officers have been in custody for about five weeks.
According to Brig-Gen Aziz, the pay officers are alleged to have embezzled military funds.
"We cannot release the amount of money involved because investigations are still underway," he said.
He said the five officers had been kept in the military cell and their cases were referred to the board of complaints within the military.
Asked whether families were allowed to visit the officers, Brig-Gen Aziz referred all queries to the military's media cell. However, when contacted yesterday, RFMF media officer, Talei Tora said she was still waiting for confirmation on whether to release the information.
Since September 17, concerns were raised by some family members who were only allowed to take food and clothes to the suspects at the military headquarters in Nabua at certain times.