THE post-mortem examination of a woman axed to death in Vunivau last week was conducted at Labasa Hospital yesterday.
Police spokesman Inspector Atunaisa Sokomuri confirmed this.
Insp Sokomuri said a 23-year-old victim who also sustained minor cuts to her body during the alleged murder incident remained in hospital.
"The suspect will be charged once the cause of death is determined when we receive the result of the examinations," Insp Sokomuri said.
"At the moment, the victim is still admitted."
The situation prompted the police to reiterate the need for the public to discuss their problems and solve them in an acceptable manner without resorting to unlawful measures.
It was earlier reported the suspect, a US citizen, allegedly murdered the woman and a 93-year-old man last Monday.