EATING out can be a dieting challenge. Sticking to your guns away from home is hard for many reasons, www.sparklepeople.com said. The good news is that you can control your environment, no matter where you eat.
Here, as www.sparklepeople.com suggests, are some ideas and strategies that will help you take charge of your next culinary adventure, every step of the way.
* Avoid “all-you-can-eat” places. More diets go here to die than any other type of restaurant.
* Choose a place with a varied menu. It’ll make it easier to find something healthy and to your taste.
* Don’t decide to eat out on the spur of the moment, if possible. It’s best to make plans and account for it during the rest of the day’s menu planning.
* Fish restaurants and restaurants with extensive salad bars usually have healthy options available.
* Try to avoid restaurants that promote “entertainment” eating, where the food is one of several attractions. This usually means the menu is choked full of fried, fatty and huge dishes.