* If you fail to make two payments, then the hire purchase company can repossess the goods through a registered bailiff.
* However, before re-possessing the company should serve you with a re-possession notice.
* After receiving the notice you will have 21 days within which to make the payment and claim the item back.
* If you claim the item within the 21 days notice period, then you will not be required to pay any cost for repossession, incidental costs and cost of storage.
* If the person who hired the goods becomes deceased, then re-possession should not take place unless there have been four payment arrears.
* If you have missed making one payment, then the hire purchase company may provide you with a 51 days notice before re-possessing the goods.
* The hire purchase company cannot sell the re-possessed goods until 21 days has passed.
* If the hirer pays the company during the 21 days the amount owing or any other breach and reasonable costs, then he/she is entitled to re-hire and take back the goods.