WHAT TO DO:
* Parents, guardians or adults in the family should keep in touch with their children.
* Monitor the movements of children — find out with whom they are going, where they are going and when they will return home.
* Adults should supervise children if they are going out swimming, while playing or even when crossing the road.
* If leaving children under the care of someone else, then ensure they are in safe hands and those looking after them know what to do.
* Children who get lost at the Hibiscus Festival grounds should turn to police officers for help instead of fearing them.