Three simple questions you should ask to help spot a scam:
* Does it instruct you to click on a link, open an attachment or call a number?
* Does it ask for account information?
* Does the email have poor grammar and punctuation?
If you answered yes to any one of these questions, be aware it may be a scam.
* Do not respond directly without verifying the legitimacy of the request
* Banks will never ask you to update, verify or correct your online banking details in an email.
* If you believe that your security has been compromised contact your bank.