POLICE are hoping a $100,000 reward will help catch the killer of a Melbourne man who was bludgeoned to death on his way to work last year.
Fifty-year-old Robert Hoff was attacked with a blunt instrument and found dead at Carrum Downs, in Melbourne's outer southeast, on March 16 last year.
Police are offering a $100,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of his killer or killers, and possible immunity from prosecution for the informant as well.
A resident found Mr Hoff lying face down on a path linking Hendon Court and Orsett Court in Carrum Downs.
Detectives believe he was attacked on his way to work between 5am and 7.20am,
His black sports bag, believed to contain a can of baked beans and a newspaper, was stolen and has never been recovered. Homicide Squad Detective Inspector John Potter says someone knows who killed Mr Hoff and he hopes the reward will encourage them to come forward.
"Often it takes just one small bit of information to help put the missing pieces into place, so I am encouraging anyone with information to contact police in a bid to solve this crime and bring closure to Mr Hoff's family," he said in a statement.